Google
 

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Child development - How Fast

How fast do children develop these days?

The other day when Chastan had a fever, when we came home from office, I carried him and asked if he had his medicine. I was surprised he answered "Not yet".

Yesterday on returning home and as was the routine, I carried him. Going into the 2nd room I saw the soft toy which Cheryl insisted on buying saying "its so cute", on the bed. So I said to Chastan "Oh here is the cat". And immediately without batting an eye he replied " No, kitten".

Was I shocked! I could not believe what I just heard so I picked the toy up and asked him what it was and he replied "kitten".

Now, Chastan is 2 years 1 month. Though no longer in diapers, but still ... a baby. And Yes, he knows what a cat is and how it looks like.

Well, could be he just figured that 'Kitten' was the name of the toy. No matter, no one, I believe, will disagree that 'cat' was not a term to refer to the toy.

Well I just had the first dose of my son correcting me. What is to come next?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No big deal, I suppose.

Hulu Langat said...

Something has happened. Misben has lost control of this blog.

Anonymous said...

How could he lose control?

Anonymous said...

Ben got back control.